Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Bookmark and Share
Welcome to LawsonTalk. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. After registration, please check your e-mail within 24 hours for an message from us, read it, and reply to it.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
LAUA to LS Security; LAUA to LS Security
Topic Started: Jul 21 2010, 12:03 PM (4,181 Views)
Lawsonite
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Hi All,

I have a lot of questions about LAUA & LS.

We are already on 9.0.1(App & Env). We use a combo of LAUA & LS for our security. Our LAUA security classes reflect a role-based matrix. We are okay with using security this way; but we have to do lot of work related to Security reports i.e. get the LAUA reports, massage the data to create more audit-friendly reports. This is very time-consuming. Is there a smart way to create these reports?

Has anyone migrated from LAUA to LS successfully? If so, what are the biggest advantages/disadvantages you have experienced so far? Are the reports really helpful? How do you manage the user/printer group definitions etc., on LS? By using the Lawson Security Administrator client?

If we need to migrate from LAUA to LS completely what kind of training is necessary?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tltwite
[ *  * ]
I'm almost finished implementing LS here. I am nowhere near an expert on this topic, but will tell you about my experience. I'm not sure there were many advantages implementing it other than we were able to do away with our dual accounts for users (We needed them because we also use ESS). Our laua security was very "loose" so we tightened things up quite a bit. Other than that, LS seems to be a pain. The reporting out of LS is terrible, especially user information. I still have to manage user groups in LID. Not sure if I have to, but I've not been able to get to a Unix prompt successfully in my Portal and it works fine in LID so I'm not spending time on it now.
I HIGHLY recommend going to the week Lawson Security training. I might have been able to figure it out, but I don't think LSA is intuitive at all. Many things work very differently from what I would expect. I had Glex Rexing as an instructor about 2 years ago. I don't know if he still teaches, but he knew his stuff. He was good.
Hope this helps.

jackofalltrades
[ *  * ]
I don't understand the urgency or even the wisdom of doing a single combined sign on for users of both Employee Self Service and Lawson Apps in Portal. I see a lot more downside than anything else in doing this. For one thing, if users have access to Employee Self Service from home or other places via the Web (as ours do) they can also access all their work-related Lawson forms and reports at the same time. When someone logs in from home to update their phone number or insurance info, how can you be sure they aren't going to make a detour through some HR11's or the organization's financial reports - things they can access for legitimate purposes while at work -for their own or someone else's entertainment, just because they can?

"Because we can" is not a good reason for combining access under one ID, as it leads to 'because I can' temptation to extracurricular snooping around which is all the harder to detect. It's just not good policy to combine personal employee access with work-related access whether it's a single-login for Lawson or any other system. My .02.
Edited by jackofalltrades, Nov 11 2011, 10:49 AM.

cooper
[ * ]
You can always use something like lsf-iq

« Previous Topic · UPGRADE: 8.1 Tech / LSF 9.0 · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Sponsored by Nogalis, Inc.