Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Bookmark and Share
Welcome to LawsonTalk. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. After registration, please check your e-mail within 24 hours for an message from us, read it, and reply to it.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Text At Bottom Of Multi Page Report; How do I print repeatable text at bottom
Topic Started: Mar 21 2006, 12:12 PM (1,804 Views)
lpatena
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
To all:

Never came across having to do this ...

In the example of the Pick Slips (created in Wh130) - I need to add a custom modification where I print specific text at the bottom OF EVERY PAGE for that Pick Slip (for that shipment number).

Currently, the WH130 will print the heading information on every page - how do I tell it I want this new footing information printed on every page??

HELP!

Thanks in advance,

Laura
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Milo
Member Avatar
Grizzled Die-Hard Lawson Vet
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Laura:

Here's a quick answer, but from a programmer's perspective. (Someone else might know of something in the program itself to do what you want)

Modifying Lawson (based on Apps 8.0.3.9):
- Identify where in WH130 the report prints each page of the pick slip. I took a very quick look but didn't find it. It may be a in subprogram.
- Customize the .rpt in 1 of 2 ways: Either
1. Add your custom statement to the bottom of a section that prints on every page; or
2. Add a new report section
- If option 2, you must also customize WH130PD (or a subprogram) to print the new report section. [That's why option #1 is better, if possible.]

Another solution:
If you use a custom printing solution for laser forms, like those supplied by Bottomline, Moore-Wallace, and others, you would add the message there. No changes to Lawson need be made.

(Interesting - did a search on BOTTOM-COMM and it looks like there's a provision for a Bottom Comment functionality ... hmm, it's used for something else, apparently.)

Sorry I can't do more digging, this is on Company time.

-- Milo --

tghost
[ * ]
Hi Laura,

There is another (easier) way to create the footer information that you want at the bottom of each page. (Caution, tech speak ahead..)

When creating a program or report using the Lawson CASE tools, you have the ability to create a standard footer, which can display the type of information that you are looking for. I have not had many clients use a footer in a report, but there are a few small program changes that would enable you to add this detail to the program that you are looking at. What I have done before is to paint a generic report using what is called a standard footer, then copy the code created during generation of the generic report into the program you want to add the detail to (making sure that I delete the generic program afterwards). You need to note that this is a modification to the program, which would not be supported by GSC, and would need to be reapplied anytime you get a new version of the program from Lawson.

The program changes include a new report group to the program's ".rpt" file, and a 2 line code addition to the program's "PD" file.

This is actually a relatively simple change to make, and does not involve a lot of logic changes to the program.

Ted

trezaei
Member Avatar
LawsonTalk Addict!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yes tghost is absolutely correct, this is the best way to do this. Its under "Report Options". You can turn on the "Standard footer" then when you go to paint the report you'll see a footer section.

lpatena
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
OK - still need your help. I got the footer to work and it works wonderfully if I dont' try to change the data in the footer.

Basically, what I'm doing is trying to print customer specific information at the bottom of a pickticket created in WH130. When the shipment # changes, I need to change the variable information in the footer.

If I try to print just one pick slip at a time, it works perfectly. If I try to print more than one, and change the variable footer data, I get the error:

PrtDtlGrp: LINE.SkipCnt < 1 (Grp 1, Line 0)

and the program goes into needs recovery.

PLEASE HELP! I tried going to GSC, to no avail. Custom program. Although they have no problem with the hours I'm still spending cleaning up the mess created by their admitted bugs in IC190. I'm working weekends to clean this up because we need a quiet system.

Thanks in advance!

trezaei
Member Avatar
LawsonTalk Addict!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Have you tried to use the debugger at all? Are you NT or UNIX. If you're on UNIX I would really recommend using the debugger and running through two pages to see if there is a counter that needs to be reset or something like that.

Also paste the portion of your rpt file that contains the footer just in case we can see something.

If all else fails and you have to get it done, here's something else you can do which I did many years ago to do a similar thing for printing pick tickets. I didn't even use a report file. I just used a regular work file and formatted it as I went. So each line consisted of one 80 character field would I basically formatted as I went. Its not as difficult as it sounds.

And then I had a counter. Each time I wrote a line to the file, I incremented the counter by one, up to 59, then I would write my footer line (line 60) and reset the counter for the next page (if your pages have 60 lines total. This method works great and you have a lot of control over your report layout. Especially for something like a pick ticket or ship ticket it is sometimes necessary to do something a little unusual like this.

After you close your file you'll have to find a way to display it to the user, I just had to send it to the printer so I didn't have to think that far but I am sure you'll think of something.

For now though, since you've come this far I would definitely stick to the debugger option if its available to you.

Keep us updated.

wengdongdong
[ * ]
20171228 junda
swarovski outlet
snapbacks wholesale
swarovski outlet
canada goose outlet
cheap ugg boots
coach outlet store online
moncler outlet